Product Development from Concept through Manufacturing
Stilwell Baker specializes in end-to-end electronic product development. Our development process is structured to deliver highly reliable electronic products for market introduction or modernization of legacy equipment. With decades of experience in multiple engineering disciplines and expertise in a wide range of technologies, we are practiced in designing innovative and cost-effective systems, devices, and controls.
Product Development Process
We know first-hand that process is crucial for producing reliable outcomes, so we approach every project using a documented and repeatable process to guide our engineering team.
Each stage of our development process requires customer and Stilwell Baker approval, thus limiting scope creep and ensuring mutually agreed upon parameters and features in the final product.
Requirements and Conceptual Design
- Define product requirements (features, use case models, environmental).
- Define technology options
- Review anticipated product cost.
- Establish development and production schedule
- Prepare documentation for customer approval.
Architecture Definition and Analysis
- Develop system architecture to support product requirements.
- Conduct product-level Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (FMEA).
- Complete detailed product specification (EE, FW, SW).
- Define test requirements.
- Perform program-level risk assessment.
Detailed Design and Prototype
- Schematic design.
- Electrical simulation.
- PCB placement, routing, and BOM check.
- Firmware and software development.
- Mechanical design.
- Industrial design.
- Testing and analysis.
- Design verification/validation.