Office Automation Product - Project Rescue
A global office equipment and supply company partnered with Stilwell Baker to complete the launch of a new office automation product.
The company originally contracted with an offshore manufacturer for electronic design and assembly for a new product. However, the PCB and power supply delivered by the manufacturer had critical design faults. Stilwell Baker was engaged to rescue the project.
- Original design was not functional.
- Corrupted design files had to be re-constructed to ensure engineering integrity.
- Power supply required two different supplies for 100-120V (Japan) and 240V volt operation.
- Simple design with single-sided assembly and fewer layers in the circuit board.
- New design files were checked and documented.
- Universal-input power supply cut power dissipation by 50%, lowered cost, and met efficiency requirements.
- Finished units passed all EMC and safety tests.